ICSI IVF Treatment in India at Low Cost at Best Clinics in Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai
In ICSI procedure only one sperm is needed, which is injected directly into the egg. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is an assisted reproductive technology (ART) used to treat sperm-related infertility problems.
Indication of ICSI
- ICSI-It is usually an option when the male partner suffers from an abnormality low sperm count (severe oligospermia) or produces few good quality sperm or has a problem with anti-sperm antibodies in his semen.
- It can also help couples who would prefer not to use donor sperm
- ICSI can be considered a treatment option where less costly procedures like Intra Uterine Insemination(IUI) or In Vitro fertilization has failed
- ICSI is an option for older women whose eggs have a thicker then normal outer covering and who have gone through a failed IVF programme.
The procedure is done under a microscope using multiple micromanipulation devices. The early stages of ICSI are the same as for standard IVF. The woman takes fertility drugs to stimulate her ovaries with the aim to grow several mature follicles. The eggs are usually collected by vaginal ultrasound scan into a specially prepared culture medium.
If sperm cannot be collected by means of masturbation, they are surgically removed from the scrotum through a small incision. This method of sperm retrieval is done when there is a blockage that prevents sperm from being ejaculated or when there is a problem with sperm development.
There are basically five simple steps for ICSI procedure:
- The mature egg is held with a specialized pipette.
- A very delicate, sharp and hollow needle is used to immobilize and pick up a single sperm.
- This needle is then carefully inserts through the shell of the egg and into the cytoplasm of the egg.
- The sperm is injected into the cytoplasm and the needle is carefully removed.
- The eggs are then checked the following day for evidence of normal fertilization.
ICSI Treatment in India at Low Cost at Best Clinics in Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai